The initiative “Unternehmen für gerechten Handel” (Businesses for responsible trade) Germany (previously known as “KMU gegen TTIP”) was founded in September 2015. The aim of the working group is to inform Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Germany about the possible consequences and effects of free trade agreements like TTIP & CETA. As well as providing information, the initiative intends to enable both SMEs and citizens from across society to express their concerns, which are largely ignored in the current communications of the European Commission.
Please find here the positions
The initiative founders are the owners of the following companies:
– Martina Römmelt-Fella, Fella Maschinenbau GmbH (Odenwald near Frankfurt am Main)
– Gottfried Härle, Brauerei Clemens Härle KG, (Leutkirch im Allgäu)
– Frank Immendorf, Egovision GmbH (Lohmar)
– Ulrich Walter, Lebensraum GmbH (Diepholz)
– Ulrike Saade, Velokonzept GmbH (Berlin)
Who are the signatories?
• More than 2,600 companies from across Germany have already signed up. They come from many different sectors including general engineering; metal engineering; the food sector; banking; doctors and care workers; carpentry and timber companies; communications and consulting; culture; IT; LED and the sensor technology sector.
• Many signatory companies come from Germanys industrial and trading centres. Bavaria, North-Rhine Westphalia and Baden-Württemberg are well represented; followed by Lower Saxony, Berlin and Hamburg.
• The largest numbers of supporter companies come from commerce (17%), IT and consulting (17%), trades and crafts (21%) and the liberal professions (24%). This clearly shows where the pinch points are. The majority of small and medium-sized enterprises in these sectors will not benefit from TTIP – quite the opposite, as it is precisely sustainable and regional artisanal companies that will be the losers. Their opinions are not being properly represented by the trade associations where the loudest voices are those of industrial companies and corporates.
Am Grundlosen Brunnen 2
D – 63916 Amorbach